Friday, February 12, 2010

Power outage

We had no power (no lights, no heat, no TV, no computer except for low charge iPHone) for almost 24 hours. How did our ancestors/ancestresses deal with it? I went shopping and then tried to nap.

I also went to Luby's Cafeteria for the first time in a long time - their Louann platter (senior citizens only, please) is over $7 - I can eat twice at McDonald's for that!)

Anyway I decided to treat myself since it was cold, dark and boring at home - and I had picked up Game Change at Sam's.

1. When I went to pick up my tray, the lady shoved in a new stack, clipping my fingers.
2. When the serving man put in new meat loaf (or something), he slopped juice into my tray and onto Game Change.
3. When I got coffee and asked for cream, I was told the "lady would be by to take my order" which she was, but my coffee was cold before I got up to get my own cream
4. I was overcharged and had to wait until the manager was called.

So, I think I'll give Luby's a miss from now on.
BUT! electricity back on! Hooray!

In other news, I've been letting Jerome the cat sleep in the garage (with a plug in oil heater) since it has been so cold.) Since the power was out, I couldn't raise the garage door to let him out and had visions of him either starving or freezing to death. I finally found the emergency key (thanks to Byron who never throws anything away), but couldn't make it work. I finally called a locksmith, who could make the key work and Jerome is rescued!

Electricity is wonderful!

1 comment:

F said...

yea Jerome and BOO Luby's. That sounds so unpleasant!