Monday, January 8, 2007

Books

We've just helped a widow friend donate books to our local library. Most will go directly to our quarterly sale, except some we want to read (me) or save (Byron).

I've just finished reading a novel by a friend of our daughter and son-in-law - Requiem by Christopher Moreau. Very entertaining, and I recommend it. A fascinating look at the LA music scene, with a murder thrown in.

Other books I've enjoyed lately:

Being Dead is No Excuse - a book about funerals in the Mississippi Delta - very funny and has recipes. Don't hold a wake without it!

Any title by Mary Lasswell (out of print - go to www.abe.com) The trio of ladies from San Diego during WWII will make you laugh.

Mysteries by Phoebe Atwood Taylor (who also writes as Alice Tilton).

I'm also listening to "Sense and Sensibility" by Jane Austen. I've seen the PBS movie and listened to other audio books, but this is a superior production of an amazingly timeless book.

1 comment:

KB said...

I love me some Jane Austen, too. The stories are always so similar, but they're just so intricate and delicious.