Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sprinkler

I had the sprinkler people out this week to fix a head that wouldn't stay screwed on, and after replacing four heads and checking to see that the entire yard was actually sprinkled, they charged me $208. Last night about 11 p.m. I heard the system go on, then realized that another head had popped off and was shooting water about 25 feet into the air.

The stations are set at about 10 minutes per section, but this seemed to be staying on, so I went out into the night to shut off the system - but it wouldn't shut off. The water in the back yard was about ankle deep.

I got Byron up (we are leaving this morning for Virginia to see baby Margaret Anne be baptized - the car picked us up at 6:30) and we tried for 30 minutes to shut off the water in the alley.

We finally called the city fire department to come shut off the water and it turns out that we have not just two meters in the alley, but three. The last one was hidden dirt and grass, and, of course, that's the one that controls the sprinkler system.

I'm looking forward to a nap on the plane. Then I'll be making a call to Mustang Contracting to see if they guarantee their work.

No comments: