Monday, June 29, 2009

New York

I'm off tomorrow to NYC to have a family reunion with my siblings, Bobby, David and Mary Bird. The occasion is David's visit to his daughter Dorothy, who has just completed her Masters at Drew University in New Jersey, and the rest of us, from various parts of Texas, are going to see him. We've got tickets to see Angela Lansbury in Blithe Spirit on Broadway.

It's too bad Byron isn't coming, because we saw Angela Lansbury 43 years ago in Mame while we were on our honeymoon. I've written her to see if she will autograph my 1966 program. We'll see.

We stayed at the Plaza on our honeymoon, and several years ago - before they tore most of it down to make condos - they had a promotion that if you could bring a bill from your honeymoon, you could stay there for the same price. Of course I couldn't find the bill - but I have since found it. $31.50! I do remember ordering room service and Byron was horrified that it cost $7.50 (for coffee, eggs, toast and bacon).

We are planning to have some wonderful meals, visit and play some bridge in memory of Mother and Daddy.

No comments: