Saturday, March 10, 2007

black pants, braces

Ok - I've ranted about maternity clothing. Now I want to rant about grown women's clothing. Have you noticed that all the "new" looks (tunics, empire waists etc) look like maternity clothing? I'm 63 - I don't want to look pregnant! I want to look put together and stylish (not to mention, this) - if I can achieve that without itching, holding my stomach in, or sweating.

I looked at the mall today for plain lightweight black pants - cotton blend. It's too hot in Texas to wear heavy polyester or even microfiber. We need cotton with a little spandex for shape. We older women want a little camoflage of the bumps and rolls - no thin fabric - and give us a little room, for goodness sake! Anyway, no luck with black cotton-blend pants. I think the Chinese look of black pants and jacket would look great. I'm looking online.

In other news, I've decide to get braces to correct the overcrowding of my lower teeth. So far, ouch. The benefit of orthodontia at an advanced age is wine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know! What's up with the empire waistline? I've seen some older women wear tops at the office that totally look like maternity wear. I guess the bonus for younger people is it's easier to not be obviously pregnant if everyone is wearing the same stuff.